A 2-part epoxy based composite material combining extremely hard closely packed abrasion resistant ceramic aggregates in a polymeric binder for the repair and protection of equipment damaged by fine particle abrasion.
Belzona 1812 (Ceramic Carbide FP) has been developed for situations involving fine particle erosion such as cement manufacture. This new generation technology creates a smoother but highly durable composite capable of being applied in thin layers, providing greater opportunities to modify profiles and improve flow.
Alternativly, where problems due to coarse particle abrasion occur, Belzona 1811 ( Ceramic Carbide ) has been developed.
- High abrasion and wear resistance
- Will not corrode
- Solvent free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel and cast iron
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Long working life
- Fast cure rate ensures prompt return to service
- High mechanical strength
Applications for Belzona 1812 (Ceramic Carbide FP) include:
- Protection of pipework, pipe bends, elbows and valves from damage due to abrasive attack
- Bonding and grouting tiles and wear plates where high abrasion resistance is required
- Repair of screw conveyors, centrifuges and pump impellers damaged by erosion and corrosion
- Linings for worn hoppers, chutes, mixer blades and other equipment subject to abrasion
|Key technical data:|
|Working life at 25°C (77°F)||20 minutes|
|Time to full service cure 20°C (68°F)||3 days|
|Abrasion resistance – Taber with 1kg load||H10 Wheels (Wet) – 51 mm³ loss per 1000 cycles|
|Tensile shear adhesion (ASTM D1002)||1,950 psi (13.40 MPa) on blasted mild steel|
|Temperature resistance||150°C (300°F) dry|
|Bonds to||Steel, cast iron, staineless steel and other metals and materials|
|Typical applications||Abrasion resistant lining for equipment damaged by fine particle abrasion|