A 2-part high temperature epoxy coating system designed to resist water, aqueous solutions and hydrocarbons up to a temperature of 180°C (356°F) in immersion. Belzona 1591 (Ceramic XHT) exhibits excellent erosion and corrosion resistance at high temperatures through a unique binary curing mechanism. This allows the application and initial cure at room temperature with additional higher temperature resistance being achieved in service through post curing.
This high temperature epoxy coating is easy to mix and can be applied by brush or spray without the need of specialist tools.
- High temperature resistance, suitable for full immersion in water/hydrocarbon mixtures up to 180°C (356°F)
- Excellent erosion and corrosion resistance
- Resistant to high pressures
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Binary curing mechanism removes the need for extensive post cure prior to entering service.
- Solvent free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Ease of application to either new-build or existing vessels combined with easy repair in-situ in the event of damage
- Excellent chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel, stainless steel and specialist alloys
Applications for Belzona 1591 (Ceramic XHT) include
- High temperature epoxy coating for process vessels, distillation columns, heat exchangers, clarifiers and scrubber units
- Repair of damaged linings on equipment operating at high temperatures including glass flake and other epoxy coatings
- Linings for pump casings, valves and other equipment
|Key technical data:|
|Working life at 20°C (68°F)||50 minutes|
|Time to full service cure at 30°C (86°F)||20 hours|
|Pull off adhesion (D4541 / ISO 4624)||4,600 psi (31.71 MPa) on blasted mild steel|
|Compressive Strength (ASTM D695)||11,500 psi (79.63 MPa) at 100°C (212°F)|
|Temperature resistance||180°C (356°F) immersed|
|Bonds to||Steel, stainless steel and other materials|
|Typical applications||Epoxy coating for equipment operating at high temperature|